Monday, May 30, 2016

FB Messenger Alternative

I honestly made the best decision ever of removing the Facebook app from my phone, with it installed, my phone would drain 20% of battery overnight even with greenify. With it removed, I lost only 5% battery, couldn't be happier.

However, with that said, I use the alternative client Swipe, I really like it for normal browsing, but not the Messenger feature. I still have the FB Messenger app due to its calling,emoji, sticker, etc features, but man is it a resource hog. According to the wake lock detector, it woke my device 58 times.

Do any of you know of any other client alternative to the current messenger app with a better theme than the one in Swipe with the same features as current FB Messenger app. Not too fond of Swipe's messenger as it just loads the mobile site version, its features are limited.

If not, do any of you know how to restrict the app properly to not wake my device so often? Greenify seems to have no effect


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1snGzUl

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment