Thursday, March 31, 2016

Help, I can't get past the WIFI screen and I can't flash a new rom on this phone

Hello guys,

I need your assistance with this issue. I got this Boost Mobile LG LS770/Stylo phone from eBay and when I wiped/restored it to clean everything from the other person, the phone still wants me to enter the information from the previous person before I can use it. Of course that is not an option. I tried.

Also, since I am unable to get to the Android OS, I cannot put it in debug mode either. So I tried a few things to no avail. This is what I have done so far:
  • Put the phone in ADB mode via recovery - Done, but I am unable to sideload anything. I get this error.. "* cannot read 'sideload' *"
  • Put the phone in download mode "Fireware Update" - Done, and I can see my port as COM3, but when I run the next step, I get a message that says... "Hello, my name is LAF....." and nothing happens.
  • I tried using the LG one click root tool, but that requires the phone to be in USB debug mode and like I said before, I am unable to even get to the welcome screen in android. I can't get past wifi setup in reality, I can't even skip it.

I have been at this all day today. Can you please help me out? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UXoNTp

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment