Thursday, March 31, 2016

Nexus 2013 Timur's kernal and 4port USB hub slow charging

Hello, so I have always had this problem of my phone charging so slow while using the 4 port USB I have installed in my car.
Here is the Hub I have: 4 port usb hub: StarTech.com Mountable 4 Port Rugged Industrial USB Hub (ST4200USBM)

I have used my Nexus 7 (2013) for GPS and if using it for long period of time I have noticed that the battery will actually go low even with it constantly charging while driving.
Here is the Cigarette Lighter car charger that I use: PowerGen® 4.2Amps / 20W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - Black
I have it just plugged straight into the cigarette lighter with the USB cable going into the NA (Not Apple) port.
(A note, I had to use a USB extension cable to get the USB cable to reach the OTG cable.)
AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Extension Cable - A-Male to A-Female - 3.3 Feet (1 Meters)

Now I have the USB Hub wired from the 12V cigarette lighter, and I use 3 USB ports from it to either Charge 1 or 2 phones, and then have a USB Drive in the other so I can play music, watch a movie etc on the Tablet.

I went with the powered 4 port USB HUB so I could charge my phone(s) while driving but it is basically worthless for doing that I don't understand why. On my commute home which is almost an hour drive My phone will barely charge 10-15% no matter what level I started charging it at.
The Nexus 7 tablet will usually stay full charged if just doing normal stuff like playing music, surfing the net. But if I use heavy power program like GPS or Play a movie it will drop and it will say Charging but it will get low until I stop those programs and let charge back up.

I am using the latest version of Timur's kernel.
My concern is, I plan on driving a long distance in a month and would like to not have to worry about my GPS killing my Tablet Battery and getting stuck, and would like to be able to power up the Cell Phones so not having to stop at some store etc to try and find a charging station.

Thanks for your time. I am pretty open as to what I can do, so if you guys have tried and true solutions please let me know.
If you need to know my vehicle it is a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX.


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1ROBQD4

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment