Sunday, February 28, 2016

Help, TF701 in fastboot, I probably did a mess with a wrong boot flash

Hi people. I was trying to install a new ROM on my TF701, 'cause I was very sad to keep that stock 4.4.2.
Of course, I did a mess.
1st thing, I tried to unlock the boot with the Asus apk, but I was struck (it asked for google permission, I tried to give my correct password, but it rejected it. I saw - only too late - that maybe, if I had fully removed my google account before to use that tool, all should have been go right...).
Then, I used an utility to gain root (KingRoot4.1-release-20150703-for-xda.apk). It did the trick, but now I understand that maybe gaining the root rights it's different from "unlocking the boot". Sigh.
Then I used an utility (Flashify if my memory serves me right), to put a clockworkmod in my TF701.
I got the clockworkmod from a droidbasament link (db-blog/?p=3568).
I selected "boot" when the utility asked me what kind of img I was trying to flash... maybe I chose the wrong type again... However, it flashed the img. But now when I boot the device, I get a Signature Mismatch. Booting failed. Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x00000008), with the ASUS logo.
If I reboot with Power + Vol Down, I can get the fastboot USB download protocol, with the 3 icons in the middle of the screen.

I installed the Android SDK. I tried to take the clockworkmod recovery.img and move it in the tablet with:
fastboot boot recovery.img
but I get:
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.932s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: Bootloader is locked.)
finished. total time: 0.982s

So... the Bootloader is still locked, I imagine. Can I try to return to a full stock ROM, maybe using the microSD?
I tried to download TF701T_11.4.1.30_WW_Boot_TWRP_2870_signed.zip , put on the microSD, and launched RCK. It starts to install, but after a while I get the error broken droid picture.
I tried to rename the file to T4_SDUPDATE.zip, but I get the same results.

Am I screwed? Any help is welcome. Also, if I can fix the problem, I'll offer you a big beer! (paypal?)


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1phyf6W

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment