Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Bricked my G Pad 7.0 LTE somehow. NEED HELP.

So I went through a rough night last night after trying to install a custom ROM on my AT&T G Pad 7.0. I followed everything as clearly as possible as I'm not new to custom firmware flashing, etc.
My problem currently is that my G Pad 7.0 is some sort of bricked. I've never bricked a device before and I'm honestly not sure how to go about fixing it, if at all possible. What makes me really concerned is that when I turn the device on and try to boot it, these weird lines cover the screen as shown below, and the it sounds like it boots up just fine as you can hear the AT&T chime and touch responses, but all you can see is the lines that cover the screen and nothing else.
Weird lines appearing across the screen

I can however, still manage to boot into TWRP if I do a factory reset through the buttons on the tablet, so it makes me hopeful for being able to fix it.
-
ROM I was using: http://ift.tt/2c9ugnr (and I made sure I used the version for the v410 about 5 comments down)
-
For how I went about flashing the ROM originally, I had to revert the tablet from 5.0.2 back to 4.4.2 in order for the ROM to successfully install, and then I managed to root it with KingoRoot, and install TWRP. Then I put the ROM and the Gapps on the tablet, did a full wipe, and flashed them both in the order I was supposed to. Everything was successful, not a single error throughout the entire process, even the ROM said it was installed successfully. So I rebooted the tablet and that's when the lines showed up and the ROM never actually got booted. No sign of warning. So I got back into TWRP and tried flashing the stock 4.4.2 firmware from here, and it flashed successfully too, but to no avail as the lines were still there and it leaves me to where I am now.
And to add, I also cannot boot the device into download mode whatsoever.

Any thoughts or suggestions? It'd be really appreciated.
Let me know if you need any more information.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2c1lElG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment