Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Nexus 5X won't turn on, bootloop when charging

So yesterday I was trying to make a phone call and the phone went dead. I tried turning it back on but to no avail. When connected to a charger, it just shows the battery for a while and then it disappears and reboots to showing it again only to reboot itself again. Needless to say, I am stuck with a bricked phone. I managed to get it up and running by flashing the stock rom but after update to Android 7.0 the problem came back after like 10 hours. Now I can't even get into bootloader without the phone being connected to a charger, which is a problem because I can't flash anything through charger obviously. Connecting the phone through USB does not work, the phone stays dead like it is out of juice. With that being said I think it might be a faulty bootloader. The power button is fine, so I think we can count this option out. Any other ideas? I am considering taking the phone to the shop where I bought it as it is still under warranty but because it is not Google they might refuse to replace it with a new one or repair it. Is there anything I can do?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bDDVV3
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment