Monday, August 29, 2016

Accidentally restored original stock rom backup - how to get back to CM?

Hey!

So my girlfriend owns a Fire Phone, on which I installed CM-11 for her. Now she accidentally entered Safestrap (4.01) and restored the backup of the original stock rom I created when I installed CM-11 for the first time. When I restart the phone now, the original Fire OS boots.

Now I'd like to reinstall CM-11, but I don't want to lose all the data (App Data, Pictures...). What would be the best way to do this?

Is it possible to access the data on the phone while in safestrap? In the File Manager I can see it's still there, but when I connect the phone to my PC via USB nothing happens.
Could I simply transfer the CM-11 Image and flash it, without doing a factory reset? How can I transfer the CM-11 Image to the phone storage?
Or could I simply boot into the Fire OS, try to transfer the data via USB from there and go on from there? She doesn't want to lose her App Data, if that is possible.

**edit: Actually the original CM-11 image I once flashed is still on the phone. Could I simply re-flash it?

Thanks for your help!!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bN3Awv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment