Saturday, July 30, 2016

**backup ta - restore not working on windows 10 {solved}

UNFORTUNATELY I unlocked my z3's bootloader on windows 10, (as I have only this pc available), till I took a backup my TA partition, all the things were going well.. it took the backup as it usually does.
after that when I tried to restore my backup of TA partition, the BackupTA ended on an error.. :confused:
I tried many things but nothing worked.. the only way remained to change my whole OS from windows 10 to windows 7. (as i finally concluded that BackupTA is no more fully compatible with windows 10).
I tried some tricks and finally did it with some googling.

steps i took:
1. installed VM Box
2. Installed VM box extention pack (needed to connect usb 2.0 devices, i.e my z3 to that virtual machine)
3. Installed whole windows 7 using a dvd to that virtual machine. ( youtube it.. it is easy )
4. Copied the BackupTA whole folder (including backups) and Flashtool drivers to a pen drive.
5. Connect the pen drive to my pc and then connect it with virtual machine ( you have to select within virtual machine- devices>usb>*pen drive name* )

6. Installed flashtool drivers. (selected fastboot, flashmode & xperia z3 drivers only)
7. Connected my z3 to virtual machine. ( you have to select within virtual machine- devices>usb>xperia z3 or d6653 )
8. Run BackupTA.bat and followed the instructions to restore backup.
10. :highfive: And restore was complete.

hope will be helpful for all windows 10 users.. who do want to restore their TA backup at 4.00 AM :silly::cool:

links
[/SIZE]


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aoYLar
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment