Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sprint S4 4.4.2 Super Noob help

I'm ok to admit, I'm an ultra noob to android roms/rooting/ etc. and am asking for any help.

I've taken a few days and been plowing through videos and threads beyond what I can now feel comfortable and/or comprehend.

My end goal is to get native Hotspot on my phone, so my son can use his Tab 4 for wifi access.

Here are my stats of what I'm currently running on my phone :
Software version
L720VPUFNG2
Hardware version
L720.08
Model number
SPH-720
Android version
4.4.2
Baseband version
L720VPUFNG2
Kernerl Version
3.4.0-2162929
Build number
KOT49H.L720VPUFNG2
Non-Rooted

So far, I believe I need to root and then proceed with replacing the services.jar and services.odex files.
I am clueless which Root program I should use for starters (odin, cf auto, kingo, cryanogenmod, motochopper).
Then also if anyone per-2016 has had success with Hotspot wifi on their Sprint S4, same version as I have.

Thanks of course in advance for any assistance or guidance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2azuRQj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment