Sunday, July 31, 2016

Troubles with US Cellular S6 Edge

I've been doing my share of reading and have come to many dead ends. Here are my troubles with my recently acquired second hand US Cellular Galaxy S6 Edge:

-Bootloader: I've looked in many websites trying to find a way in which I may check the status of my bootloader. I don't know whether it's locked or not and would like to have it unlocked if possible (OFW 6.0.1)

-Unlocking bootloader: just to be sure I was unlocked I tried using Crom services to unlock my bootloader (the apk) but it crashes before opening. I also tried to find the app in the Samsung App Store but it just won't show up.

-Flashing firmware and downgrading: I haven't found any concrete information as to whether it's possible to flash firmwares from other carriers and or downgrade to a lower android version (marshmallow to lollipop) and if so what the requirements are.

I would appreciate any input on these topics. Thanks a bunch! :highfive:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aBplMV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment