Saturday, July 30, 2016

Rooting and warranty?

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge today and I'm already inclined to start customizing it. I am the type of people who get obsessed with the variety of custom ROMs, tweaks, modifications, etc. and I was a die-hard development fan on my M7 and M8. I went for an iPhone 6 Plus for a while but now I am back and more eager than ever!

I had a Galaxy S5 for a little while (one of the worst phones I've owned, to be quite honest) and I remember there was something called "knox" or similar, which is triggered whenever you use ODIN to root or install a custom ROM, therefore voiding your warranty; is it the same case with the S7? I'm currently doing research about its development and how things work with it, but it's just an important question I haven't found an answer to yet.

With the HTC, for instance, you could do everything then just run a RUU and go back to fully stock without voiding anything.

And by the way, are there any custom ROMs you'd recommend? I was a huge fan of Viper ROM on all my HTC devices (One X, M7, M8) but I don't see that team developing for the S7.

Thank you for your time!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2alDAT6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment