Sunday, January 31, 2016

Accessing an NTFS drive via Fire TV 4k

Hello!
Just purchased a Fire TV 4k to replace my WDTV Live and I've run in to a bit of a problem. I have successfully rooted the machine and I installed Stickmount to be able to access my NTFS-formated external hard drive but Stickmount appears to be unable to see the drive. The drive is a Seagate 4TB, powered by a separate PSU but it does not appear to turn on at all either when plugged in to the Fire TV or when trying to mount it.
Is there something silly that I am overlooking? Is there a known issue with some drives or perhaps I am just really unlucky and this one won't work? Are there alternatives to using Stickmount?
All I want to do is have a nicer looking, better performing version of the WDTV to play my media... Why must you make it so tricky Amazon?

Anyway, really appreciate your help and patience!


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1KP4oHk

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment