Saturday, January 30, 2016

Charging the S6

So, I drained the battery until the phone turned off and connected it to the oem wallcharger, but i used a monitor to show voltage, current, amps and time. This showed a quite mysterious behavior of the charging process, which lead me to this thread. I'm hoping that someone can explain this.

First of, the phone charges at 9V when plugged in the wall - this is to archieve the so called fast charge. The current is ca. 1,6A. When the phone reaches 50 pct. or so, the current falls quite a bit and even further, as the battery is charged. When charged to aprox. 80 pct., the current is 0,3A +/- (still at 9V). Why does the current have to be so small? I mean, 0,3A is what my headset charges at.

Furthermore: When the phone said 50 pct. charged, my monitor showed that it had only gotten about 800 mA, which is quite weird due to the capacity being 2650 mA. I know that the phone measures the voltage over the battery, but still... It's weird, or?

I'm sorry for the bad english and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Edit: The image is taken when the phone said 50 pct. charged. As shown, the current has already gone from 1,6A to 1,25A

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version    Name:	12625703_10153260701590766_1256213933_n.jpg  Views:	N/A  Size:	53.5 KB  ID:	3627633  


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/23zGUSd

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment