Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Do not disturb settings / overriding alert slider

I really like my new Oneplus 3, even its size, which I thought would be unbearable. But after using it for a couple days I have at last found something that I really dislike. From what I can tell, the do not disturb settings from vanilla Android have been nixed in favor of the street slider. Thus one cannot automate times during which, say, the phone allows no notifications or allows only priority level notifications. Nor can do not disturb settings be activated from, say, a widget on the device: the alert slider must be used for everything. I presume the reason is that they don't want the settings to conflict with the slider (eg, going into a do not disturb mode when the slider is in the bottom most position).

However, I would like to be able to control these things from software. Is there any solution involving rooting? The only thing I don't want to do is install a new ROM (I don't want to lose the dash charging).


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/291Oahb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment