Thursday, June 30, 2016

First time opening Google Play: "Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01]"

Finally rooted my HDX 7" (2013) on 4.5.5.1, installed Google Play and its components. Here's how I did it:
  1. In the Amazon App Store, download ES File Explorer.
  2. Open and go to "Favorites" in the top left then "Add."
  3. Add the following site: "dwl [dot] gadgetsxray [dot] com" and name it "dwl".
  4. Once added, it will appear under the favorites tab. Click it to open. Then click the top link.
  5. Four files will appear ending in .apk. Click one file to highlight then click the three dots in the bottom right and select "Open in Browser" and open each .apk file with ES Downloader to download each file. Once all of them have been downloaded, choose to open the folder.
  6. Select and install each .apk in this order: Services Framework, Play Services, Account Manager, Play Store - you'll be prompted to allow installations from unknown parties.

I then opened up the Play Store for the first time, and signed into my Google account. First thing I see is this error message:

Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01]

I can see that my Google account is still signed into the Play Store. However, I can't sign out of it because there isn't an "account settings" option in Fire OS. Any ideas how to get around this? I've already reinstalled the store and its components, and it already logged me into my Google account as soon as it completed.

Thanks for any help.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/299xKWD
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment