Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Samsung GT-I8552: Unable to access recovery mode and battery issues

Hello,
I'm using GT-i8552 stock 4.1.2 (UNROOTED).

I did root my phone with 'Framaroot', the rooting was successful and SuperSU was installed properly. After this I didn't try installing any custom ROMs or any conflicting apps but still I started facing battery issues like,

1. After putting on charge, display shows that it is charging but no progress at all (it freezes at certain %)
2. When the phone is switched off and put on charge, the display just blinks up and goes off (lights on lights off) nothing else appears and no battery progress
3. Sometimes the phone charges properly to 100% but after disconnecting cable, battery status is 50-60%
The above problems occur not all the time.

The things that I tried,
1. Did unroot my phone and removed SuperSU
2. Did a factory reset from phone's settings option.
3. Got an original new battery from service center
4. Took the phone to Samsung customer care (they couldn't find any problem at all and advised that the problem must be in the charger) (I tried to charge with samsung charger, sony's charger & portable charger)
5. Changed USB cables for charging
6. Tried Battery Calibration apk by Nema
7. I think the charging port is little bit damaged but I can still get the phone to charge

Even after doing all the above things the problems still occur sometimes. Other than that the phone works fine, there is no BOOTLOOP.
When I try to boot it into recovery mode (volume up+home+switch on and release after SAMSUNG logo) but after releasing the buttons the SAMSUNG GT-i8552 logo appears and phone starts with no warning and all, it's not accessing the recovery mode or download mode too.

Is there any solution to the battery related issues or do I need to flash the stock firmware again?
I am not aware of the steps of flashing firmware, please do redirect.
Thank You!!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29nsKNB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment