Thursday, June 30, 2016

i747m boot loop, download mode only - data recoverable?

So, a little background. Full stock recovery, latest Telus 4.4.2 firmware.

Phone may have suffered a drop and/or some water damage during an episode of blackout drunkenness. Yes, I know, I'm an idiot.

Worked fine for a day or two, then began randomly shutting off, seemingly at times when the phone's CPU was under stress. Keeping it in airplane mode seemed to help avoid the reboots somewhat but not completely.

This began right before I was leaving for vacation, and had no time to go replace it. Then, after successfully taking a bunch of awesome pictures while on vacation, the phone decides to go into a boot loop. Can only boot into download mode.

I've got another phone now, but would REALLY like to get the data off the phone if at all possible. I'm assuming there must be some hardware issue at this point causing the boot loop, so I'm guessing that restoring the phone to 100% original working order is probably out of the question.

Any suggestions? I'm guessing something got corrupted, but I'm wondering if maybe I can flash a new recovery or re flash the stock rom via odin and hope it boots up long enough to get the data off? Will it wipe all my data if i try to flash via Odin? Should I take it in for a JTAG? are there other options like getting someone to dump the data off the memory chip somehow?

Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29vQzCF
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment