Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tapping into SNAP account information for food stamps.

Hello! I was wondering if there were any developers who could help me mentally reverse engineer this app below?

FreshEBT
marketing.freshebt.com

FreshEBT taps into the accounts of people with SNAP benefits and shows them their EBT food stamp balance from their phone. SNAP is a food government assistance program for low income Americans. The (S)upplemental (N)utrition (A)ssistance (P)rogram dispenses funds monthly to millions of Americans on an (E)lectronic (B)enefit (T)ransfer card, which is accepted as legal tender at grocery stores and participating food retailers.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as far as figuring out how to access and display account information if I were to do it in another app. I noticed in creating an account with FreshEBT, I had to input my 16-Digit card number (on the front of my EBT card) As well as my social service case number (also on the front of the card). I am sure that these are critical towards accessing the information from some type of database. But what API is being used? Where would I look to answer these questions?

Any insights on this would be GREATLY appreciated (:

Thanks in advance

- L


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29833nR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment