Sunday, September 25, 2016

Note 7 Promotions: How to Score a 2nd Promotional Item from Samsung with your N7 Swap

As one of the millions who received a recalled Note 7, I was curious if I could somehow score a second promotional item with my replacement device. My first prize, the 256gb SD card, arrived within a couple of weeks. Upon receiving my replacement Note 7 yesterday I went to the Samsung Promotions page and entered my new IMEI and WiFi MAC address. Then there's the required upload of the receipt of purchase. At this step I feared that Samsung may catch me double dipping if I submitted the same receipt, as T-Mobile does not give a new one with the swapped unit. As a T-Mobile customer, this paperwork is called the Jump On Demand EIP finance contract. I imported my PDF contract(TMO emailed to me with the original unit) in Photoshop and changed the date to yesterday's date, then switched a few digits of the contract number. Lo and behold this worked! Now I get a GearVR too!

Enjoy, my fellow nerds.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: sampromo.png Views: N/A Size: 67.5 KB ID: 3886405  


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cOCql4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment