Sunday, September 25, 2016

Remote Control Android Phone with another Android Phone via Internet

I have a Nexus 6P (7.0.0 NRD90U), Nexus 5 (6.0.1 MOB31E), and Nexus 4 (5.1.1 LMY48T). They are all rooted and running the latest factory images available from google. I want to be able to remote control my Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 while they are at home on my network with my Nexus 6P over the internet. I need to be able to see the screen of the remote phones and interact/use the apps. Ideally I need something like splashtop or teamviewer to control one phone with the other via the internet. I have tried several apps so far and the closest I have found is remodroid but it only works over a LAN and it just mirrors the screen, it doesn't allow interaction from the other phone. I have tried teamviewer but it won't ever connect.

I want to use one as an always on Wake on LAN packet sender for my desktop PC's. I can get WoL to work 100% of the time on my local home network, but it won't work over the internet after my PC's have been off for more than a few minutes. I have considered building a low power PC that is always on with the BIOS set to turn it on after power loss that I could remote control with teamviewer to send the WoL packets to my other PC's, but I would rather use one of my old Nexus phones because they would use a lot less power and they have a battery for extended power loss.

I would also like to view the camera of one of my old phones remotely (kind of as a security cam/to check on my dog).

I have also considered buying and building a raspberry pi for this but I already have the old phones and don't really want to teach myself everything about raspberry pi's at this time. I'm very good with tech and would have no problem with it, I just don't want to spend the time and effort on a raspberry pi at the moment.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d2qkWG
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment