Saturday, April 30, 2016

help-infocus m560 preinstalled malware - root only option

ok so i bought the infocus m560 (m808/v5) from ebay. uk warehouse chinese seller.
When it arrived the box was unsealed however the excuse for this could be the seller removed the eu plug and put in a uk one.
as soon as i booted it up I ran malware bytes which came back clean but on browsing through settings - apps I notice something called pandoras box & pandoras box services. the second one has permissions to everything. I cannot uninstall or disable either. These seem to serve no relevance to the phone. I believe it is disguised malware.
someone on another forum reccomended netguard which i dowloaded and tried but as soon as I disable internet access for PB &PBS it AUTOMATICALLY disables web access for a lot of other things, I cannot have only PB & PBS selected.
I've been told that it seems that PB/PBS is running as a system process therefore any unrooted app won't affect it.

I read you can uninstall malware by booting into safe mode but i'm not sure if that will work in this instance?
I can find original stock rom for the m560 which doesnt seem to require root to flash - i could try flashing this which would solve the problem IF it was the 3rd party seller that added the malware, but wont if it was the manufacturer and I don't think there is any way to tell? - i can put a link to the page with the stock rom if anyone wants to check its ok

aside from the above my only other option is to root. I have never rooted before. I am a total noob. I've read the process but parts of it i dont fully understand. I do not want to brick the device. I would possibly be willing to give it a go if someone can provide step by step almost fool proof instructions/a clear guide. I've had a look for rooting on m560 and I think there are a few options available - if someone could be as kind to tell me which would be easiest

any other suggestions/solutions welcomed.
I can submit any screen shots if nescessary.
thanks for reading


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/26Dw6nB

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment