Sunday, September 25, 2016

AT&T HTC One X-Help Updating hboot 1.14 ViperXL Rom to Lollipop (EVITA Model)

Its been a while since I've done anything on my AT&T HTC One. I'm still on 1.14 unlocked bootloader and an old ViperVL 3.2.2 Rom. I want to upgrade to Lollipop CM12 so I've done a lot of research and I wanted to make sure I'm doing it right before starting.

This is what I believe I need to do:
1. Update TWRP to v2.7.1.0 or higher to support new ROM
2. Get s-off in the bootloader using firewater
3. Once S-OFF is done, put phone in fastboot mode and run the RUU 3.18 JellyBean update (Its my understanding we need the JB bootloader for Lollipop custom ROM to work?)
4. Flash TWRP v2.7.1.0 back via fastboot
5. Go into recovery and flash New Rooted CM12 Rom

Before I start this method I also have a few questions:
1. Does my above steps seem right?

2. I'm having a hard time finding a working 3.18 RUU link. Most of the links on here are dead now. Is the RUU update a required step to jump from ViperXL 3.2 (bootloader v1.14) to Lollipop based roms? If its required, I found the OTA JB 3.18 update. Can I use the OTA version instead?

3. I've read that as long as the bootloader is already unlocked with S-OFF, I won't lose S-off or the unlocked bootloader from the RUU. Is this correct or will I need to unlock bootloader (Via HTC's dev site) and root again after using the JB RUU?

Thanks in advanced for the help with my questions.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dblKUM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment