Sunday, September 25, 2016

So about that "terrible camera quality" on CM13 running on the OnePlus 3

While I love CM13, the "poor" camera quality always had me coming back to OOS... but I had heard so many great things about SultanXDA's version of CM13 that I had to give that a try. After some problems with the ROM, I decided to go full cm13 nightlies, but was super disappointed in what I saw coming from the camera (noise, noise, noise... even with denoise enabled).

Desparate, I loaded up some of my favorite third-party apps and ran the tests again... holy hell was I surprised.

"Note: All images were shot using the latest firmware at the time. They are all 100% crops of a larger image of a messy room I work in... all were taken using the respective camera apps with default settings - focus and exposure were set to the white cards."



So if you're getting tired of OOS, I suggest giving CM13 another go =)

But one thing I have noticed in CM13 (and it will hopefully be fixed in a new build) is that the noise suppression bug we had in earlier version of OOS (and apparently one that came back in 3.5.x community builds) is in CM13 when shooting video. Also, OOS has faster shot times. Quality is pretty much the same though.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dblKUt
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment