Monday, November 30, 2015

Leather skin from dbrand [backside]

I'm not a case person. I never really liked cases. I do however like the look of leather to some extent, making devices look old-school, like some cameras. I've seen a lot of videos featuring dbrand skins but in my opinion pretty much everyone just seems to overdo the 'skinning'. I'm looking at you people who add skins to the front and sides of a phone with orange, yellow and bright red colours at the same time.

I finally decided to order a leather back from dbrand, shipping all the way to The Netherlands.
Why? Simply because there's no other leather skin for the Xperia Z1. It cost me about €15 after conversion, fees and whatnot.


Sony Xperia Z1 - In Leather by Herman Groenbroek, on Flickr

In my experience, it was tougher to apply than I thought. I'm an accurate person, but I applied a bit of the skin slightly skewed and I feared I ruined the skin when I tried to take it off again. Thankfully that wasn't the case, but holy hell it's sticky. Another thing to note is that, although I didn't expect a leather feel (it really just feels like plastic), I did expect more grip than with a glass back. In the hand, it is actually less grippy with the skin, despite its texture. I do however like that I can just slide my phone across tables now. The glass (protector) on the back scratched easily doing that, but the plastic skin seems to hold up scratches very well.
I can recommend getting some skin for the back of your Xperia Z1, since it made me feel like my phone is as-new again. Also, all scratches on the back are hidden now :angel:


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Tguw2t

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment