Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sprint SPH-L720 CM 12.1 MMS Problems

I'll try to be as thorough as possible.

I started out with the stock S4. Everything worked, minus a terribly damaged screen which I replaced. It was originally on 4.4.2 the NG2 build. I rooted with CF-Auto Root through Odin 3.09. I flashed PhilZ recovery through Rashr's Recovery Tools. It says 6.15 something, but when it boots in recovery mode it just says 6 and CWRM 6.0.4.7 (not sure if this matters or not). I then installed the latest snapshot for CM 11-20141112-snapshot-m12-jflte.zip and gapps-kk-20140606 which was fine. I got LTE service, but no MMS at all. I then tried CM 12.1-20151116-snapshot-yog7dao1jn-jfltespr.zip with gapps-5.1-arm-2015-07-17-13-29.zip which looks and works great (LTE works) minus the MMS again.. I tried the same with the latest nightlies of both CM 11 and 12.1 to no avail.

I have tried changing the "Bearers" to LTE for all of the n.ispsn options under APN which I'm not even sure is a valid solution anymore. My preferred network is set to LTE. I am rooted through developer options both app and adb. I have come across other Sprint MMS workaround threads, but they seem dated; it's hard to sift through what is still relevant.

My baseband still shows up as the NG2 version with Android version 5.1.1 (I am currently on CM 12.1). Does this matter? Am I using the correct versions of what I should be?

My goal is to have CM 12.1 running so I can use mobile hotspot among other features. I don't necessarily need CM, but mobile hotspot is my biggest wanted feature. And obviously MMS needs to work.

As a last ditch effort, can I go back to stock rom/does it have to be an NG2 one?

I have temporarily reactivated my previous phone (HTC One M7) until I have a sure way of accomplishing my goal with the S4.

Thanks in advance!


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1SquVit

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment