Monday, November 30, 2015

Signal problems after upgrading from stock rooted 4.4.2 kk 12b to Jasmine 9.1

Ok, i'm fairly new to this stuff but have successfully rooted and modified several of my devices over the years. I've been attempting to upgrade my vs985 to as close to stock 5.1.1 as i can and after much reading decided on jasmine. I was rooted on kk 4.4.2 12b and I had no problems. the main reason i wanted to upgrade was for compatibility with my android play car stereo. I didn't have twrp so first i downloaded flashify and quickboot then flashed twrp from flashify. All good so far. Next I downloaded jasmine 9.0 and 9.1 or at least i thought lol. As it so happened i mistakenly ended up with one of the files being just the kernel for 5.1.1 35b. Must of been a long day cause I mistakenly failed to backup my current system and proceeded wipe data, cache, dalvik, and flashed the kernel file. As you might imagine it didn't turn out very good. I was stuck in boot loop. Fortunately I could still get into download mode so I was able to use the lg flash tool a nd I brought it all the way back to 10b stock firmware. Then i grabbed stump and rooted and flashed twrp again. at some point i noticed my cell signal was all over the place, up, down , no signal and it roamed almost constantly if there was any signal. I've had this phone and service for well over a year and never had anything like this at all. I knew it was something I did. I checked the back cover to be sure it was on properly and had good connection with the antenna and all checked out. I decided to go ahead and do the upgrade to jasmine 9.1 hoping this would correct the issue. Well no dice. I did create a backup this time and proceeded to wipe everything and flash 9.0 reboot then wipe nothing and flash 9.1, i guess as you call it "dirty" then reboot again. Here is a link to where i got the zips and instructions
http://ift.tt/1OqR7tD
in the instructions it says "RESET factory from within ROM (in Settings) - REQUIRED" . this step seemed strange as why would i do a factory reset on my device and erase everything i just did? would it not return it to original? I wasn't even sure if that was what he meant so i skipped that. After all was finished my signal was still all over the place could hardly make a call. it was bad. So once again I used lg flash tool and returned it to stock 4.4.2 10b, this time I wiped the data, cache, delvik and system. To my complete surprise the signal had not improved, in fact it could have actually been worse. As I said waaaaaay at the top of this post before i started all this i was running 4.4.2 12b, not sure how i ended up with 12b as i don't remember any upgrades after i downgraded to 10b and rooted. I froze the ota's with titanium backup but maybe 12b was pushed before i was able to freeze them. Anyway I couldn't figure out how to get 12b back now so I just flashed the 4.4.2 12b modem instead, This time I wiped cache and delvik before and after the flash then rebooted. This fixed my signal, everything seems normal now. no roaming and good signal. my software build however still shows 10b, but I guess thats correct since I only flashed the modem.
I really want 5.1.1 on my G3 but I need my signal too lol. can any one help me figure out how to get this done, can I flash the 12b modem on 5.1.1 this is where i got the file
http://ift.tt/1OqR4Ow it is way down the bottom of the page. Sorry for the extremely long post i just wanted to make sure i didn't leave any details out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks in advance


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TguveQ

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment