Wednesday, December 30, 2015

adb command: what does this do? What happens after factory reset?

So a bit of a newbie question here but I made the mistake of changing my password and then resetting my Android phone through Recovery Mode. I was unable to log into my phone and after reading I discovered that it was Factory Reset Protection and that I had to wait 72 hours... unless I got USB debugging working and used this:

adb shell content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:user_setup_complete --bind value:s:1

Which enables the factory reset from the config section. But what does that do exactly? From reading it it seems to just tell the phone that the configuration has been completed.

Also, after a full factory reset, what this command does is also resetted right?

Thanks!


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1IETJnb

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment