Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Strange WIFI... Can only connect to saved APs, Only 1 visible at a time.

Strange wifi behavior.. I can connect to wifi APs that have been previously stored on my phone just fine when I am in range... But I have 2 problems:
1. New APs (open/secured) will not show up as an available network (annoying when traveling or going new places). Will not connect to new APs even when adding one manually via "Add wifi network".
2. Once connected to a stored AP, when I am around multiple of these stored APs (several routers in my house), no other available networks are shown besides the currently connected one (even if I place the phone on top of a second router the phone will not show it as available). In order to switch to a new AP, I have to turn off and then back on the wifi on the phone and then most of the times it will connect to the strongest signal AP (while again showing no others available). Other times though, even with the phone physically sitting on top of a new AP, cycling the the wifi on the phone doesn't work to switch to this closest AP and I will have to unplug the further away wifi AP, cycle the phone's wifi, and THEN it will connect to the closest AP I wanted to switch to. !?

Note: while phone is connected to a wifi AP, it runs smooth as butter, no issues and the connection is strong. I have tried looking online following various obvious steps, playing with wifi settings, and even dirty flashing my current rom again to try to get fresh wifi functionality (although the wifi APs were not deleted by this so wifi settings must still exist somewhere else.. not sure just trying anything that doesn't involve a full data wipe).

Any ideas how I can restore seeing all available networks once again (stored or not) on my phone's main wifi list? Thanks!

My Phone:
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500
Prism Barebone v17,
Android 5.0.1


via xda-developers http://ift.tt/1IETIQ2

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment